Tessa’s Mars Bar Cheesecake
There aren’t many things Guest Experience Manager, Tessa, likes better than Mars Bars, except maybe Mars Bar cheesecake. This no bake Mars Bar cheesecake recipe has everything you could want in a dessert; chocolate, caramel and oodles of glorious Mars Bars.
Mars Bar cheesecake recipe ingredients:
- 1 250g packet of butter snap biscuits
- 20g butter (melted)
- 200g milk chocolate (chopped)
- 375 g cream cheese (softened)
- 100g icing sugar
- 380g can Nestle Top n Fill caramel
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 300ml double cream
- 2 full sized Mars Bars (chopped into small pieces)
To decorate your Mars Bar cheesecake (optional):
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 full sized Mars Bar (chopped)
- Nestle Top n Fill caramel (extra for drizzle)
- White chocolate buttons
- Chocolate flakes
- Place the biscuits in a ziplock bag and push out all the air before sealing. Use the end of a rolling pin to carefully crush the biscuits until they are a fine consistency.
- In a bowl combine the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into the base of a greased 24cm springform pan. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave on high in 10-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is completely smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- With an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese, icing sugar, half a can of the Nestle Top n Fill Caramel and vanilla extract, beat until smooth. Whilst mixing, pour in the melted chocolate and continue whipping until smooth.
- Pour in the double cream and continue to whip the mixture until it starts to thicken, similar to the consistency of a mousse.
- Fold the chopped Mars Bar into the cheesecake.
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base, smooth over, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan heat the cream until it is just simmering. Pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 3 minutes before stirring until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove cheesecake from the fridge and whilst still in the springform pan, pour chocolate topping over cheesecake, and smooth out so that it is spread evenly.
- Decorate with desired toppings. Drizzle over the remaining Nestle Top n Fill Caramel, white chocolate buttons, Mars Bar pieces and chocolate flakes. Place back in the fridge to set for an extra 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from the fridge and serve.
For more delicious and quick chocolate recipes, including our white chocolate snowflake martini recipe and our chocolate microwave mug cake recipe, we have your chocolate cravings covered.