Things to do in Terrigal and on the NSW Central Coast.
From beaches to rainforest, arts and culture to skate parks, cafes and breweries, our Concierge Team will happily provide you with tips and suggestions to help you make the most of your time in Terrigal.
Terrigal Beach Live Webcam
Terrigal Beach Live Webcam
Terrigal Ocean Tours
Take a forty-minute cruise along the Central Coast beaches on an ecotour RIB, departing from The Haven, just a five minute walk from the hotel.
- Enjoy stunning scenery, watch for whales in winter and search for dolphins and sea eagles in summer whilst learning about our coastal marine life. The boat seats just ten passengers so you know you are going to get personalised service and the marine biologist on-board each tour is there to share information and answer any questions you may have. A great activity to do with the kids, you will also enjoy a few thrills on the way home with a high speed blast ride.
Enjoy a safe, patrolled beach right on your doorstep.
- Terrigal beach is one of the best known beaches on the NSW Central Coast, offering a safe haven for swimming, surfing and relaxing on the sand. Professional Central Coast Council lifeguards patrol this beach from Monday to Friday and Surf Life Saving patrols the beach on weekends and public holidays. At the southern end of the beach, The Haven is a protected boat harbour with BBQ facilities, a boat ramp, sheltered beach and some good fishing spots.
Australian Reptile Park
Have a fun family day out with reptiles, native animals and wildlife.
- Get up close with exotic reptiles and Australian native animals on your next holiday. The Australian Reptile Park is a world-renowned, hands-on zoo just twenty minutes from the hotel. Boasting loads of animal interaction and exciting wildlife shows, the award-winning wildlife park is the perfect place for a fun day out.
The Skillion in Terrigal
Take in the beautiful landscape from The Skillion lookout.
- Whether you decide to climb to the top or take a walk around the rocks at the foot of the hill, a visit to The Skillion is a must-do bucket list item when you visit Terrigal. With magnificent views of the coastline, it’s a stunning vantage point for spotting whales in winter and taking in the scenic coastline. The iconic Skillion, just a two minute walk from Crowne Plaza Terrigal also boasts a running track suitable for all levels.
Tree Tops Adventure Park
The Central Coast’s local fusion of play, adventure and discovery.
- Tree top Adventure Park in the Ourimbah State Forest is the perfect activity for adventure seekers, offering five courses of zip lines, tight ropes, cargo nets and trapezes weaving through the gum trees. NetWorld, is the latest impressive attraction at Tree Tops Adventure Park. The 3,450 square metres of nets boasts seven unique ‘rooms’ and five funky tree houses. Journey through a gigantic network of netted-trampolines, ball pits and walkways, all suspended five metres high in the canopy of lush bushland.
Bouddi National Park Coastal Walk
Escape to nature at Bouddi National Park.
- The Central Coast is well known for its beautiful beaches and stunning coastline. Bouddi National Park’s coastal walks provide stunning coastal views, national forest, kangaroos and plenty of beautiful little beaches to take a swim along the way. With numerous trails, the relatively easy hiking through gorgeous Bouddi National Park is characterised by sweeping views, shady rainforest and inviting picnic spots. If you are visiting during the winter months, keep your eyes peeled for whales as they make their way north.
Let the adventure be-GIN.
- If you are a fan of gin or liqueurs, Distillery Botanica in Erina is a must-do activity. With over twenty years’ experience as a horticulturist, Philip Moore now uses his knowledge of botanicals to create lovely, distinctive gins and liquors. You can visit the cellar door for tastings and learn more about the unique processes used to create these products. Located only ten minutes’ drive from Crowne Plaza, Terrigal, Distillery Botanica are also able to cater for groups.
Bare Foot Bowls
Take a two minute stroll to Bare Foot Bowls.
- Fun for all skill levels, Bare Foot Bowls at Club Terrigal Bowling Club is a great activity to while away the afternoon with family and friends. Starting at just $10 per person, you can kick your shoes off for an afternoon of competitive fun just across the road from Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific.
Terrigal Paddle Boats
Experience Terrigal from the water with Terrigal Paddle Boats.
- Located on Terrigal Lagoon, just a ten minute walk from the hotel, Terrigal Paddle Boats is a fun adventure to do with your family, partner or group of friends. You can choose to hire a paddle boat or stand up paddle board if that is more your thing. If you need a little guidance, you can book a stand up paddle board lesson with Mark Chandler, or just sit back on a paddle boat and relax as you paddle through the gorgeous Terrigal Lagoon.
Shop – Beach – Eat – Repeat.
- Shopping in Terrigal is all part of the experience and on the first Saturday of every month, you can shop ‘til you drop at Terrigal Markets right on Terrigal beach. The beautiful and picturesque foreshore of Terrigal beach along with stalls at Florida Beach Bar create the perfect location for local businesses, musicians, foodies and families to come together.
Fuel your mind with local art.
- If you are looking for an inspiring experience in your down time, the Central Coast provides an important cultural and educational experience. Right on the hotel’s doorstep, KAB Gallery specialises in collectable art from a range of well-known Australian artist’s including Norman Lindsay, David Boyds, Katie Wyatt and vast range of other well-known Aussie artists. The Ken Duncan Gallery, five minutes from the hotel, is one of the largest privately owned photographic galleries in Australia and showcases this photographer's beautiful, panoramic landscape photography. The Gosford Regional Art Gallery hosts a variety of local, national and international exhibitions as well as tours, interactive workshops and art classes.
Get a taste of the Central Coast’s best beer.
- Bay Rd Brewing in Gosford is a microbrewery run by real people making better beer. Just a twenty minute drive from the hotel, enjoy locally brewed craft beer including lager, pale ale, XPA, IPA as well as seasonal beer. Six String Brewing Co is proudly the NSW's Central Coasts first home grown craft brewery with a brewery and tasting room in Erina. All beers are preservative free, unpasteurised and unfiltered, giving the fullest possible flavour to the range. Block N Tackle Brewery and cellar door at Kincumber, just ten minutes from the hotel, is an ideal place to discover new beers by grabbing a tasting paddle to sample the range.
Golf at Breakers Country Club
Connect on the course.
- Golf is a fantastic way to mix business with pleasure; it can be a fun social activity or used to assist with networking. It is also a great form of exercise and provides a perfect opportunity to get out and enjoy some sunshine. Located just minutes from Crowne Plaza Terrigal, Breakers Country Club in Wamberal offers a picturesque tree lined nine-hole course, including many water obstacles.
Banjo’s Skate Park
Skate at Terrigal Lagoon Reserve.
- Banjo’s Skate Park, at Terrigal Lagoon Reserve, is a ten minute walk from the hotel and located near the play park with the added bonus of great coffee available nearby. The vibrant play space is suitable for all ages and ranges of abilities and includes play equipment, seating areas, BBQ facilities, picnic tables and safety fencing.
Kayak the Coast
A fun way to spend the day.
- There is no better way to experience the Central Coast’s beautiful natural environment than on the water. There are many places that will hire kayaks out for the day so you can have your own self-guided kayak adventure. Alternatively, take a guided kayak tour where you will learn all about the local area. Glenworth Valley Adventures offers a 2.5 hour guided eco-kayak tour exploring Popran Creek or for a nearby experience, you can explore Terrigal Lagoon on a kayak for just $25 an hour.
Firescreek Fruit Wines
Discover a boutique winery in a stunning location.
- Firescreek Fruit Wines is a boutique winery specialising in wines made from seasonal fruits and herbs, making them often bold in flavour and taste. Located a half an hour from Terrigal in the stunning Matcham Valley, Firescreek Winery is the perfect activity if you have a free afternoon during your business trip. Offering tailored group experiences to suit your desired needs, Firescreek Winery can also be a fabulous team bonding experience. Enjoy the picturesque setting and personalised experience, while you take some time away from business and learn all about the wine making process.
Central Coast Surf Academy
Learn to surf.
- Learn to ride the tide like a pro with a learn to surf lesson right on Terrigal beach. Central Coast Surf Academy offers all types of lessons for children and adults alike from complete beginners through to elite & high performance surfing and even corporate groups. You’ll learn everything you need to feel comfortable and competent in the ocean. Central Coast Surf Academy offers expert instructors and will also provide all your equipment so you can focus on having fun.
Broken Bay Pearl Farm Tour
A world-class holiday activity.
- Did you know that the world’s most lustrous and rare Akoya pearls are grown right here on the Central Coast? Board a catamaran at Woy Woy where an experienced skipper will immerse you in the story of our locally grown pearls, as well as introducing you to the pearling team who reveal the intricacies of pearl farming. Also explore the incredible local marine wilderness where iconic pelicans and abundant fish are a living display of the coast’s thriving marine ecosystem and home to the world-class pearls.
Take your adventure to the ocean.
- Experience electric foil boarding and take your adventure to the ocean with Propel Flights. It feels like flying, and it's easy. You will be up and riding in your first session doing something truly unique.
Some of the best waterfalls on the Central Coast.
- Somersby Falls is the perfect location for an unforgettable family adventure. There are endless amounts of exploring to be done through the lush rainforest. The picnic area has great facilities to kick back for a picnic or barbeque with the family. After lunch you can head along the Somersby Falls walking track where you will be rewarded at the end with some truly spectacular waterfalls. If you’re brave enough you can take a dip under the spray!
Avoca Beach Picture Theatre
Thought provoking film in a unique setting.
- Nestled right by the beautiful Avoca Beach, the Avoca Beach Picture Theatre is a boutique family run cinema that dates back to 1948. Regularly screening art house and independent movies as well as hosting a variety of cultural nights, Avoca Beach Picture Theatre is the perfect evening activity to stay engaged outside of the meeting room. Unwind with a glass of wine while you wait for your film to begin or just take time to take in the classic architecture and ambiance of the beautiful building.