Katie’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Crowne Meetings Planner, Katie, loves finding inventive ways to keep warm in winter. One of her best suggestions is a big cup of coffee and one of these delicious warm chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. Enjoy them with our Ultimate Spiced Hot Chocolate. The perfect combination to keep the winter chills away.
chocolate chip peanut butter cookies ingredients:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of smooth peanut butter
- 1 200g packet of milk chocolate chips
chocolate chip peanut butter cookies method:
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk both sugars in a large bowl, breaking up any large chunks as you go.
- Add the melted butter and whisk vigorously for about a minute or until the mixture forms one big mass.
- Whisk in one egg to the sugar and butter mixture until well combined.
- Whisk in a second egg, the peanut butter and the vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to fully combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes while the oven heats.
- Scoop the dough into small balls onto a baking paper lined tray, about 6 cookies per tray.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 14 minutes, until the edges are set and the cookies are just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.