Sophia’s Hedgehog Slice
When she wants a cheeky chocolate treat, Director of Food and Beverage, Sophia loves this tasty hedgehog slice recipe. Great as an afternoon snack or for dessert in the evening with a scoop of ice-cream, this easy to make slice is delicious no matter how you eat it. If this doesn’t take your fancy, why not try our delicious Mars Bar Cheesecake recipe.
Chocolate hedgehog slice ingredients:
- 250g packet of sweet plain biscuits
- ½ cut shredded coconut
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 150g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 100g unsalted butter (chopped)
- 295g can sweetened condensed milk
Chocolate hedgehog slice topping:
- 200g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 50g unsalted butter (chopped)
- Line the base and edges of a slice tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the dark chocolate, butter and condensed milk over low heat for 5 minutes or until the mixture has melted. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Place the biscuits in a ziplock bag and push out all the air before sealing. Use the end of a rolling pin to carefully crush the biscuits until there is a combination of fine and chunky crumbs. Place the broken biscuits in a large bowl and add the coconut, walnuts and cocoa.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until well combined.
- Press firmly into the prepared tin with the back of a wooden spoon and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- To make the chocolate topping, place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir regularly for 5-8 minutes or until the chocolate and butter have melted and combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the hedgehog slice and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until completely set.
- Cut the hedgehog slice into squares and enjoy.